I have hypothyroid problem, which is in control now. But why I am loosing lots of hair daily? Can anybody give me clue?

By Anonymous January 7, 2013 - 11:56am

I took multivitamin tab for 2 months , but no change in my hair fall rate.

You probably need your medication adjusted. Hair loss is a sign that you are too hypo.

Thanks for your post. Having suffered from a thyroid condition myself, I can tell you how awful the hair loss is and every morning after my shower it looked there was a soaking wet rat on the covered drain! However, the more dramatic hair loss is more often seen with hyperthyroidism. 

To combat hair loss, try not to wash it everyday. Take a look at this article for hairloss caused by thyroid conditions. http://thyroid.about.com/cs/hairloss/a/hairloss.htm

Thank you Susan for the article. It contains lot of info, which i dont know.

Hypothyroidism Guide