I have just turned 72, have not been sexually active for a couple of years and have had a complete hysterectomy. I have a strong vaginal odor but no discharge and no itching. Is there something I can use to stop this. I have beemn checked out by my

By June 18, 2013 - 7:52am

Hi oldbroad (great name!)

Your question was cut off - it ended with "I have been checked out by my ..." so I assume you have been checked out by your doctor and are clear of infections or any kind of STDs? So you are wondering how to get rid of an offensive smell? Let me know if I am wrong but I will go along with that assumption.

Diet -

We have talked to many, many women on EmpowHER who have bad vaginal odor after eating seafood or shellfish. Could this be the case with you? Like your breath, the vagina can have tell-tale signs of what you have eaten.

I assume you have good hygiene, otherwise you wouldn't be asking so other factors for making the body smell are certain medications, wearing non-cotton fibers or even urine leakage.

Could any of this be the case with you?

If you can finish of your post we can help you further - we hope to hear back from you!