I have LSA with my breakfast, lunch and dinner. Can I also take a teaspoon of cod

By July 26, 2011 - 9:22am

liver oil. I am 63 years old and live in Mumbai, India. If so, please recommend a suitable brand.

Hi Rita,

Thanks for your post! Are you vegetarian? I know that's common in India (I am as well) and LSA is often recommended to us.

There should not be a problem with also taking cod liver oil (other than it's not vegetarian!) with your other supplement. But like anything else, don't overdo the recommendations.

I don't know what brands of cod liver oil are available in India but try to get the fermented type and make sure your cod liver oil supplement doesn't have too much Vitamin A in it. Don't take anything that has more than 10 times the Vitamin A than Vitamin D (both these vitamins are found in cod liver oil). Also - go to a knowledgeable source where the sellers are educated in what they do and not just shop assistants. Stick with the daily recommended amounts.

Good luck and thanks for writing!

Diet & Nutrition

Diet & Nutrition Guide