I have a lump on my hand. What could this be?

It is located on my left hand which is the hand that I write with. It doesn't move around. It feels like it is on top of my bones located on the thumb and index finger at the bottom right side near my wrist but not on my wrist. The pain is mild and it hurts more when I am in the middle of doing something with it. the bump is very noticeable when the hand is relaxed from the wrist. it is only on the left hand.

I had this too as an older teen but it eventually disappeared!

It sounds like what you may have is a ganglion cyst. This is a lump found near or on the wrist that is filled with fluid. They are usually seen mostly in women between about ages 20-40.

You can read all about them here: http://www.empowher.com/community/ask/has-anyone-ever-heard-term-bible-cyst

Since we can't be sure what your lump is and can only give suggestions, I think it's a good idea to have a doctor evaluation. Keep us posted, I'm interested to hear what it may be.