I have many moles on my body, how often should I be checked for skin cancer?

I have some moles on my body and am afraid they may be cancerous. I checked with my doctor once and he said they were fine, but I'm wondering if I should check them again for skin cancer. How often should I get my moles and skin checked for skin cancer?

Hi Jessica

The rule of thumb is to have your skin and moles checked every year by your doctor. 

However, if you see any kinds of changes in your moles (or your skin) (color or texture) seek medical advice straight away. 

Check out our great skin cancer section here: 

Does this help you? 

Skin Cancer

Skin Cancer Guide