I have pain in my right leg...

By April 3, 2011 - 11:16am

Sometimes at night and when I wake up I have a pain in my right leg. I can't really describe it, because it's not a very specific pain, my leg just kind of aches. Usually it only happens when I sleep on something other than my bed (a couch or bed at a friends house). It keeps me from falling asleep and falling back to sleep when I wake in the morning. I think it's something about the position I sleep in because sometimes changing positions helps with the pain. I've experienced this since I was about 12 or 13.

I'm 17 and female with no other health conditions that I am aware of.

If anyone could help me to pinpoint the cause of this pain, I'd greatly appreciate it.

I think you may already have pinpointed the cause of pain. If this only happens when you sleep on something other than your bed, it probably is your sleep position.

If your leg aches in these specific conditions, there would be no cause for concern.

If you are still concerned, even after identifying the most likely source, can you describe why you are concerned? You may need to explain your symptoms in more detail, as an achy leg after sleeping on a couch sounds normal and expected, especially if it only occurs occasionally as you describe. All aches and pains are not causes of concerns, especially when a specific reason or cause can be identified.