I have pain in my stomach when I lie on my right side.

By September 12, 2009 - 6:55am

The pain occurs usually after a nights sleep. I don't know if it is muscular or near my liver, gallbladder area. Could it be my sous muscle? Or if I had something going on in my liver would the pressure from lying on the right side cause pain?

Hi Debra,

Thank you for your question and I am sorry your dealing with the pain. There are several organs in your body that can cause right abdominal pain. If it is upper abdominal pain it could be associated with: lungs, liver, gallbladder, duodenum, muscles (strained), kidneys or diaphragm.

If it is lower abdominal pain, it could be associated with: appendix, small intestine, colon, female reproductive organs, or abdominal vessels.

There are several factors associated with pain in the abdominal area as you can see. I think you clearly need to seek a physicians assistance with your pain as it could be a serious condition, especially appendix.

Can you please keep us updated as you learn more about your situation?