Facebook Pixel

i have prolonged heavy periods due to pcos.......some times no periods for 3-4 months...doctor said nothing to worry,but i want baby now

By May 4, 2016 - 3:49am
Rate This

Add a Comment1 Comments

HERWriter Guide

Hi shweta

Thanks for your post!

Your doctor's casual approach to your PCOS is a bit disappointing - when you want a baby and have PCOS, you may need to work with a specialist to get pregnant.

Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) is a chronic endocrine disorder in women. Characteristics of PCOS are:

High levels of male hormones (androgens)
Insulin resistance
Hair growth on face and body
Anovulation—when the ovaries make few or no eggs.

PCOS has symptoms like:
Irregular menstrual periods or no menstrual period ( amenorrhea )
Hair growth on face and body
Weight gain

Difficulty getting pregnant is common. Because your cycle is so irregular, you may ovulate one month and not ovulate for several more months, making pregnancy very difficult. You need to work with a fertility specialist to work in getting pregnant. If your current doctor is an Internist or general doctor, he/she doesn't have the skills you need to prepare for pregnancy.

Read more here: http://www.empowher.com/condition/polycystic-ovarian-syndrome

Please make an appointment with a specialist.

Good luck!

May 4, 2016 - 5:36am
Enter the characters shown in the image.
By submitting this form, you agree to EmpowHER's terms of service and privacy policy
Add a Comment

All user-generated information on this site is the opinion of its author only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for any medical conditions. Members and guests are responsible for their own posts and the potential consequences of those posts detailed in our Terms of Service.

Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome

Get Email Updates

Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome Guide

HERWriter Guide

Have a question? We're here to help. Ask the Community.


Health Newsletter

Receive the latest and greatest in women's health and wellness from EmpowHER - for free!