I have semi soft movable lumps in my armpits. Saw multiple drs who said it was not cancerous and is just fatty tissue or something. Right now I have a cold and the pressure under my arms are bothering me.

Is this due to the lumps under my arms with my lymph nodes being enflamed since I am sick? I also found a small rice grain size lump in my breast which I am having another mammogram and ultrasound to test. But could my aching arm pits be related to possible cancer that has spread from my breast to my lymph nodes in my arm pits? I am seeing another dr for my armpit lumps on Monday. Thanks!

Thank you for reaching out to EmpowHER.

The primary function of the lymphatic system is to transport lymph, a clear, colorless fluid containing white blood cells that helps rid the body of toxins, waste and other unwanted materials.

It is a subset of the circulatory system.

When bacteria are recognized in the lymph fluid, the lymph nodes make more infection-fighting white blood cells, which can cause swelling.

There are two drainage areas that make up the lymphatic system. The right drainage area handles the right arm and chest. The left drainage area clears all of the other areas of the body, including both legs, the lower trunk, the upper left portion of the chest, and the left arm.

The nodes should go down soon. This kind of swelling is not uncommon.

Good luck with your mammogram, please keep us posted as to how it went.

Breast Conditions

Breast Conditions Guide