ask: I have a sharp needle like pain in my left nipple. What could it be please?

Anonymous

Hi im 18 and keep getting sharp shooting pains in my left nipple, not sure wether to go to the doctors as i dont think its to serious! Anyone know wht it is or what it could be?
Hope

Anonymous

Hi Susan,

Very confused about my body now a days. I am havin same needle like pain in my left nipple but yesterday it was overnight. Morning I also felt a small lump near it which is not now. I also have a history of irregular periods (30 to 50 days) but it's been more than 70 days now ... And as per the home pregnancy test I am not pregnant.

Pls suggest..
Thanks
Khushi

Susan Cody HERWriter Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Hi Khushi

If you haven't had a period in 70 days and are very irregular in general, then you see to see a doctor so you can find out why. This is not a normal reproductive cycle. Your breast/nipple pain may be connected with your hormonal imbalance.

Most breast pain is hormonally driven and since you haven't had a period in over two months, I think it's a good idea to get a checkup to see what may be wrong.

Anonymous

Hey im a 17 year old girl who has been getting sharp pain in my nipple on the left breast. And it only happened every now and then. What does this mean ?

Anonymous

Hey, I am 27, no kids, had a hysterectomy at 24 due to extreme endometriosis and adenomyosis. I felt great for awhile. I have fibromyalgia, neurapothy, spondylosis and of course hypothyroidism. I went to an Urgent care while out of town in February of 14 with extreme Breast pain (left) and pain in armpit. First mammogram and ultrasound found 1 small benign looking lesion about 2 by 3mm and it showed a lymph node under my arm. They said retest in 6 months. Pain got worse, including discharge in right nipple only while pain was in left with horrible sharp pains in left nipple. Nipple pain seems to happen whenever it is erect. I have a strong history of cancer in family, I was taking care of mother with triple negative Breast cancer when it started. I have since had 2 more ultrasounds and an MRI. The second after 6 months it had grown to 3 by 4mm the third 4mm and the Mri showed same plus second one at 5mm 3.8cm from my nipple. I have seen my gyno and a general surgeon who was supposed to get a biopsy and instead told me it's no big deal we will retest in another 6 months. I asked if maybe he could aspirate the one known cyst to get pain down and he said there was no need. Nice way to say it, he had no bedside manners. I was told those could not cause pain that I was experiencing normal Breast pain. This is by no means normal. Does anyone have any idea where I should go from here? I've been dealing with for almost a year now. Anything and everything helps! Thanks for listening.

Anonymous

Hi im a 19 year old female who for the past 2 days have been having stabbing pains in my right nipple. (it's on and off through out the day)

It's been 8 days since i've started taking the pill (to stop my period), I also got my period today.

I know its normal to have tenderness when it comes to your period, but i dont recall any other time having a stabbing pain in my nipple and is just wondering if i have anything to fear or not.

Anonymous

I have a needle pain in my left breast as well, im 27 year old what could be the cause of that?

Anonymous

hi..I am a 38 yr old woman and am happily married with a teenage daughter.Just recently i have had sharp needle like pain in my left breast that is unbearable and i seem to cant lie on them.For days i have not been getting a good night sleep and this is really getting worse.My left nipple became very itchy and a day after i realised that my left breast was numb.I really need some help because i had gone to the hospital and they gave me some tablets which really didnt do much but caused alot of discomfort...Today i noticed a lump on my left side under my underarm.HELP PLEASE!!???

Anytime you find a lump you need to call your doctor to have it examined. Most lumps are harmless but they ALL must be checked out either way.

Please call your doctor for an appointment and update us!

~Susan

Breast Pain

Breast Pain Guide

Have you joined the IUD trend? What kind of birth control do you use? :