I have a sharp needle like pain in my left nipple. What could it be please?

By Anonymous January 21, 2011 - 11:27am

Anonymous

Hello,

I'm 24 years old and I have irregular periods. I also have a history with ovarian cyst. Last night I noticed a sharp pain in my left nipple. I've had this pain before but it usually goes away. It continued all last night and still going on today. Last night I noticed right under my left nipple there is a lump. I do not have the same lump on my right breast. For the past two months my periods were finally coming every month and pretty much on time but now it skipped a month again. I don't know if the two are connected. But if you have any advice on the pain and lump I would surly appreciate it.

Susan Cody HERWriter Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Your breast/nipple pain may be connected with a hormonal imbalance.
All lumps should be checked out by a doctor.

Anonymous

Hi
Yes I had my baby boy 3 months ago. I'm on birth control, but the past two months I've had two periods a month. This month I haven't had on yet? Could it be pregnancy or could it be where my body is trying to get back on track? And the past week I've been cramping, back pain, and discharging but no period? Really need advise! Thanks

Anonymous

Hi im 18 and keep getting sharp shooting pains in my left nipple, not sure wether to go to the doctors as i dont think its to serious! Anyone know wht it is or what it could be?
Hope

I am also 18 with the exact same symptoms! I would like to hear what it could be.

Anonymous

Hi Susan,

Very confused about my body now a days. I am havin same needle like pain in my left nipple but yesterday it was overnight. Morning I also felt a small lump near it which is not now. I also have a history of irregular periods (30 to 50 days) but it's been more than 70 days now ... And as per the home pregnancy test I am not pregnant.

Pls suggest..
Thanks
Khushi

Hi Khushi

If you haven't had a period in 70 days and are very irregular in general, then you see to see a doctor so you can find out why. This is not a normal reproductive cycle. Your breast/nipple pain may be connected with your hormonal imbalance.

Hi Susan,

Thank you soo much for ur reply.

I am done with the check up and yes I have hormonal imbalance and doctor said nthng to worry abt the irregular periods and it is very common. However for breast pain i am still worried and will try to consult again.

Many Thanks,
Khushi

Most breast pain is hormonally driven and since you haven't had a period in over two months, I think it's a good idea to get a checkup to see what may be wrong.

Anonymous

Hey, I am 27, no kids, had a hysterectomy at 24 due to extreme endometriosis and adenomyosis. I felt great for awhile. I have fibromyalgia, neurapothy, spondylosis and of course hypothyroidism. I went to an Urgent care while out of town in February of 14 with extreme Breast pain (left) and pain in armpit. First mammogram and ultrasound found 1 small benign looking lesion about 2 by 3mm and it showed a lymph node under my arm. They said retest in 6 months. Pain got worse, including discharge in right nipple only while pain was in left with horrible sharp pains in left nipple. Nipple pain seems to happen whenever it is erect. I have a strong history of cancer in family, I was taking care of mother with triple negative Breast cancer when it started. I have since had 2 more ultrasounds and an MRI. The second after 6 months it had grown to 3 by 4mm the third 4mm and the Mri showed same plus second one at 5mm 3.8cm from my nipple. I have seen my gyno and a general surgeon who was supposed to get a biopsy and instead told me it's no big deal we will retest in another 6 months. I asked if maybe he could aspirate the one known cyst to get pain down and he said there was no need. Nice way to say it, he had no bedside manners. I was told those could not cause pain that I was experiencing normal Breast pain. This is by no means normal. Does anyone have any idea where I should go from here? I've been dealing with for almost a year now. Anything and everything helps! Thanks for listening.

Breast Pain

Breast Pain Guide