I have a sharp needle like pain in my left nipple. What could it be please?

By Anonymous January 21, 2011 - 11:27am

Anonymous

Hiya just wondering for some advice. I have been having strong needle like pains into my outer side of left nipple for about 2 months now. I am currently 27 weeks pregnant but never had these pains in my previous pregnancies. I am only concerned with this sort of pain as I have the BRCA 1 gene for high risk breast cancer and a lot of my family who also have this gene have had at least one lot of breast cancer and sometimes even more than once. Should I get this checked by my doctor just in case. Any advice helpful. Thanks x

Thanks for your post and congratulations on your pregnancy!

I also had a lot of nipple discomfort when I was pregnant (more intense itch than pain) and it ended as soon as I gave birth. This may be the same for you.

However, please mention this to your doctor as a precaution.

I hope you have a quick delivery and healthy baby!

Anonymous

Hello,

I'm 24 years old and I have irregular periods. I also have a history with ovarian cyst. Last night I noticed a sharp pain in my left nipple. I've had this pain before but it usually goes away. It continued all last night and still going on today. Last night I noticed right under my left nipple there is a lump. I do not have the same lump on my right breast. For the past two months my periods were finally coming every month and pretty much on time but now it skipped a month again. I don't know if the two are connected. But if you have any advice on the pain and lump I would surly appreciate it.

Your breast/nipple pain may be connected with a hormonal imbalance.
All lumps should be checked out by a doctor.

Anonymous

Hi
Yes I had my baby boy 3 months ago. I'm on birth control, but the past two months I've had two periods a month. This month I haven't had on yet? Could it be pregnancy or could it be where my body is trying to get back on track? And the past week I've been cramping, back pain, and discharging but no period? Really need advise! Thanks

Anonymous

Hi im 18 and keep getting sharp shooting pains in my left nipple, not sure wether to go to the doctors as i dont think its to serious! Anyone know wht it is or what it could be?
Hope

I am also 18 with the exact same symptoms! I would like to hear what it could be.

Anonymous

Hi Susan,

Very confused about my body now a days. I am havin same needle like pain in my left nipple but yesterday it was overnight. Morning I also felt a small lump near it which is not now. I also have a history of irregular periods (30 to 50 days) but it's been more than 70 days now ... And as per the home pregnancy test I am not pregnant.

Pls suggest..
Thanks
Khushi

Hi Khushi

If you haven't had a period in 70 days and are very irregular in general, then you see to see a doctor so you can find out why. This is not a normal reproductive cycle. Your breast/nipple pain may be connected with your hormonal imbalance.

Hi Susan,

Thank you soo much for ur reply.

I am done with the check up and yes I have hormonal imbalance and doctor said nthng to worry abt the irregular periods and it is very common. However for breast pain i am still worried and will try to consult again.

Many Thanks,
Khushi

Breast Pain

Breast Pain Guide