I have small dry patches all over my body

By October 27, 2011 - 10:34am

They are not itchy but my joints ache and i get vey tired.
There is a history of Lupus in my family;
sometimes on my face my skin gets dry patches and they burn.
I spoke to my doctor and she gave me a topical cream but the patches dont go away.
She tried to tell me it was ringworm but this has been going on for about 10 months now.

Hi stippa

You may have a skin condition that needs a dermatologist but if you are not getting a proper diagnosis, it may be something else.

If you have a history of Lupus in your family, then you need to be tested for this condition. In addition to aching joints (like you have) skin rashes are quite common.

The most common symptoms are:

■Swollen and/or painful joints
■Skin rashes over areas exposed to sunlight (especially on the nose and cheeks)
■Extreme fatigue

Skin patches and rashes, however, can be all over the body.

You can read lots more on our Lupus page here: http://www.empowher.com/condition/lupus

and please consider seeing an immune specialist.

Atopic Dermatitis