I have a small whiteish bump near my vagina and i was wondering if that was anything bad?

By Anonymous February 28, 2009 - 10:47am

I've noticed this tiny little bump near my vagina since christmas so its been on me for 2 months maybe longer, it doesnt really bother me but sometimes hurts just a little bit if i start to mess with it when i was tryin to look at it.

Thanks for your question.

It could be something as simple as an ingrown hair or skin tag, or it could be something that needs medical attention. It could also be a small cyst.

Have you been having sex? Are you using protection? What kind? You may have the HPV virus that causes warts or genital herpes although that usually ends up being a blister. Since you've had the bump since Christmas, it's likely not to be herpes.

You need to see a doctor to have it checked out - it has been several months now and a growth like this needs to be seen by a professional. Please keep us updated!