Urinary Tract Infection

Urinary Tract Infection Guide

ask: I have a UTI the culture shows strep A. How common is that? I had no idea one could get strep A in urine

Anonymous

I was shocked to find streptococcus in the urine culture that I did PLZ note that I'm 32 old male not female is that possible ?

Pat Elliott

Anon - There are two types of Streptococcal infections, Group A and Group B. While it's not very common, both can be found in urine
cultures. Both are treated with antibiotics. You can find more information at this link: http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/streptococcalinfections.html

Anonymous (reply to Pat Elliott)

Thanks, Pat,
I'd never heard of such a thing until I got that result this afternoon. I feel better after having used the link you so graciously provided.
Thanks so much!