Varicose Veins

Varicose Veins Guide

Christine Jeffries

ask: I have varicose veins and am now having leg pain that starts behind my knee - where the veins are bad and radiating up and. The pain just started today and is fairly bad - hard for me to get up - worse walking downstairs than up.

I've taken Advil - has not helped much - wondering if this could be arthritis or something related to the varicose veins.

Thanks for the update. I was thinking "ouch" at the thought of the pain of a ruptured cyst but at least you have a diagnosis and it will heal.

I hope you are able to be somewhat comfortable while waiting for it to go away.

~Susan

Symptoms of varicose veins include pain, aching legs, fatigue and a sense of great heaviness, as well as swelling.

If your pain just started today it could be from certain activities you did recently - think back - is that possible?

It could also mean your veins are acting up. Are you considering getting them treated?

As far as arthritis goes - swelling and aching joints are common - dare your knees or ankles painful? You may need to make a doctor's appointment to see what's going on. Give it a few days to see if these new aches subside and if they don't - contact your doctor.

~Susan

Turns out it's not arthritis or varicose veins - I have a ruptured baker's cyst - very painful - nothing they can do since it's already ruptured. I got an antiflamatory - hopefully that will help but basically you just have to wait for it to go away.