ask: I have varicose veins and am now having leg pain that starts behind my knee - where the veins are bad and radiating up and. The pain just started today and is fairly bad - hard for me to get up - worse walking downstairs than up.

I've taken Advil - has not helped much - wondering if this could be arthritis or something related to the varicose veins.

Thanks for the update. I was thinking "ouch" at the thought of the pain of a ruptured cyst but at least you have a diagnosis and it will heal.

I hope you are able to be somewhat comfortable while waiting for it to go away.

Symptoms of varicose veins include pain, aching legs, fatigue and a sense of great heaviness, as well as swelling.

If your pain just started today it could be from certain activities you did recently - think back - is that possible?

It could also mean your veins are acting up. Are you considering getting them treated?

As far as arthritis goes - swelling and aching joints are common - dare your knees or ankles painful? You may need to make a doctor's appointment to see what's going on. Give it a few days to see if these new aches subside and if they don't - contact your doctor.

Turns out it's not arthritis or varicose veins - I have a ruptured baker's cyst - very painful - nothing they can do since it's already ruptured. I got an antiflamatory - hopefully that will help but basically you just have to wait for it to go away.

Varicose Veins

Varicose Veins Guide

Christine Jeffries

Have you joined the IUD trend? What kind of birth control do you use? :