I have a very bad case of fibromyalgia

My husband's fighting and edging me on everyday. I tell him to quit because it makes me hurt. It is very bad and upsetting. He doesn't realize on what I am going through, he thinks it's a game. This way he has a upper hand on me. He is very insecure. That's why I'm hurting and he's not. It makes him feel better. I have had too many bad days and they only become worse when he fights. I don't want to fight because it hurts my body from the fibromyalgia to be under such stress. I don't know what to do. I'm not a crier but he makes me cry. How can I stop him? We both are 62 been married for 32 years. I'm sorry that this article does not make too much sense, I get so confused because of the illness.

Thanks for reaching out to EmpowHER with your concerns.

It sounds like your husband could do with really understanding the condition of Fibromyalgia is. Please take him with you to your next visit to your health care practitioner so he can understand more. Sometimes ignorance of health care issues can lead to the behaviors he is showing.

You can also share this link with him: http://www.empowher.com/condition/fibromyalgia so he can know more about this complex issue. Maybe he just doesn't get it.

However, you still don't have to put up with his abuse. Especially when such stress can trigger flares. You can ask him to attend counseling with you - that could really help. Do you think he is open to that?

But as I said, you don't have to stay with an abusive man. If he is causing you to be so unhappy, tell him how you feel. Life is too short, as I am sure you know, to live in such conditions. There is no second act to life - this is all we get. Please be pro-active in making your life better.

Let us know how things go and good luck to you!

Depression Guide