I have visible sebaceous glands on my eyelids and upper eyelids. Is there any cure for them?

I have small visible sebaceous glands on my eyelids and upper eyelids:
Are these linked to weight gain?
Any cure?

I have been to a dermatologist, and he said there was no cure, and also that he did not see them as being prominent. Since I have seen them via a 15 X mirror, I'm very conscious of them.

I also have two white lumps on my inner lower lip towards the side, I don't feel them, but have seen them. Any reason to be concerned, as I am an ex-smoker (Day 17)

I would appreciate any feed back.
Thank you

Hi Anonymous

These glands are indeed connected with aging and are actually pretty common. They can also be hereditary or can happen if there is some kind of infection in a hair follicle.

These glands contain fats and cholesterol (but not necessarily happen to those with high body fat or high cholesterol ) and keratin.

Your doctor can inject a steroid into the lump to shrink it or can remove them completely via surgery. Heating pads can also be used (depending on where your gland is located near your eye) and this helps to melt the lump so the body can absorb it.

Are you looking into getting them removed?

Regarding the white lump in your inner lips - you need to have this checked out - especially having been a smoker. Congratulations on 17 days smoke free - that is a tremendous achievement!

Thank you for your reply. As far as the smoking goes, I'm taking it one day at a time, but for some reason, I do feel that I will succeed this time.

As the lumps on my eyelids are not very large, I have not looked into having them surgically removed. My Opthamologist does not practice cosmetic surgery. I heal slowly, scar easily, hence the fear of surgery. I will try heating pads, atleast on the upper eyelid area.

A few of the eye creams/tighteners come with a rollerball, would that help at all?

Thank you

Eyes & Vision

Eyes & Vision Guide