Human papillomavirus (HPV)

ask: I have what lookslike a large blood blister on the roof of my mouth.

i ahve what look like a large blood blister on the roof of my mouth. I was diagnosed with low grade HPV in 2010, haven'r been active since. Can this be something from HPV?? I also have TMJ and have been having a bad flare up. I am going to the DR in about a week

There could be many reasons for this.

It could be some sort of infection or virus in your mouth - it could be a form of a cold sore or it could be from grinding your teeth or eating something (for me, it's crusty French bread) that could cut your mouth.

It could also be a canker sore or a mouth ulcer.

Genital warts of the mouth (caused by HPV) and generally gray or off white and don't contain any fluids. You need to mention your concerns to the doctor when you see him/her.

I hope it turns out to be something harmless and easily fixed.