i have a wound on my leg

the wound on my leg was caused by a razor took a layer of skin off its been dressed by the nurse with special plaster dressings since last wednesday i saw her two days ago and she said its healing fine but the thing is now my leg round the plaster is itching badly is it ok to take plaster off now there is also iodine lint on it plus i am diabetic

The bad thing about itching is that it's really difficult not to scratch and you cannot scratch because you may cause an infection to the wound.

The good thing about the itch is that it's often a sign of healthy healing.

I would advise you to call the nurse or nurse-on-call and ask about removing any dressings. There is probably a good reason that they are still on but they may OK you to take it off. Please put a call in first, especially as you have diabetes and may be susceptible to further infection.

I wish you a speedy recovery.