Q: 

I haven't had a period in over 12 years.

By Anonymous March 5, 2017 - 8:32am

My husband and I started making love and suddenly I started bleeding like I have a full blown period. What does this mean?

Guide

Dear Annon,

Thank you for your question.

If you are post-menopausal, any bleeding should be evaluated, so it's important to see your doctor right away. It can be many things. Below is a list of possible causes. Even for women still menstruating, anytime your period stops for any length of time (3 months or more) and you are not pregnant, you should see a doctor.

http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/menopause/expert-answers/bleeding-after-menopause/faq-20058396

Helena