I haven't had sex in a month, negative pregnancy test, but I still haven't gotten my period whats going on?

I had sex a little over a month ago (beginning of October/ end of September). Soon after we had sex i got my period, business as usual. Then as it is now November my period is late by about 10 days. So i got nervous despite not having sex since my last period, so i took a pregnancy test and it was negative. Then just to be sure i waited 5 more days then took another, once again negative. My period hasn't always been the most regular but i have no idea whats going on here and its really stressing me. If anyone could soothe my nerves in any way here i'd very much appreciate it.

Thanks for writing! 

You can rule pregnancy out. You have had a period since you last had sex, you have not had sex since and you have multiple negative pregnancy tests. 

Since you have a history of being irregular, this is probably the cause of your late period. Changes in body chemistry, even subtle hormonal changes - stress....life in general can cause this. 

Your period will come along - I don't think you have anything to worry about there. But you can also talk to your doctor about options for regulating your cycle (such as the birth control pill) so that you can be more at ease. 

Thank you so much,