i havosteopenia bones i use to execise but now i dont know what kind of eexecise to do for my bone problem

By Anonymous February 7, 2011 - 9:10am

Thank you for your question and for finding EmpowHER. I have never heard of the condition you describe. Are you sure you are spelling it correctly? We do want to help you, so please check the spelling of the condition. Then come back to update us so we may be able to provide resources to help you.
You also can always call your doctor to ask about fitness options considering your own personal health. They generally should be your best resource for things like this since they are most familiar with your health history.

HERWriter Guide (reply to Christine Jeffries)

Hi All

I think our reader is saying she has Osteopenia and wants to know what exercises can help with this condition. Let me know if this is correct, Anon.

Osteopenia is like Osteoporosis (low bone density) but not quite as severe.

Weight bearing exercises are generally considered best for Osteopenia. You can start with simply squats and carry light weights as you do them. Walking is an excellent exercise for Osteopenia, as is jogging or playing sports like tennis. You can also carry weights while walking. Very basic weight training will also help.

However, you will need to talk to your doctor before starting any kind of regime, due to your condition.

Anon, you can read a lot more on Osteopenia here: http://www.empowher.com/condition/osteopenia

Also, even though you have already been diagnosed, eating well is very important. Here is a short video on some great nutritional guidelines for bone strengthening:

Let me know if this helps - we wish you the best!