I just had a colonoscopy. the result of biopsy of terminal ileum was: Reactive lymphoid hyperplasia. no symptoms of malignancy were seen. what does it mean? is it dangerous? what is the treatment?

Hello effat_english,

Your doctor's advice is correct. You have nothing to worry about. Reactive lymphoid hyperplasia of the terminal ileum is a normal finding.

It is simply a collection of white blood cells that you would expect to find in that area of the small intestine. There is nothing to do.

The complaint of periumbilical pain indicates a small bowel issue. If you are only having the pain while eating, this may indicate a food sensitivity or food allergy. Discuss this with your gastroenterologist.

(reply to Maryann Gromisch RN)

Dear Maryann
Many thanks indeed for your comments. Now, i really feel happy. I'm on the verge of getting married. I am worried about weather this causes difficulty or any problem in giving birth (especially becoming and being pregnant)? Would you please help me in this regard?

Guide (reply to effat_english)

Hello Effat,

As I said in my first reply, this is a normal finding. It is basically your immune system keeping white blood cells at the ready to fight off potential infections.

In no way should this prevent you from becoming pregnant or cause any difficulty during childbirth.

Best wishes on your upcoming marriage.

(reply to Maryann Gromisch RN)

My dear Maryann:

I don't know how i should thank you for your concern and help. May God always bless you and your family.

I just had a colonoscopy. Some nodularity in terminal ileum was only seen. The result of biopsy of terminal ileum was: Reactive lymphoid hyperplasia. No symptoms of malignancy were seen. What does it mean? Is it dangerous? What is the treatment? Before colonoscopy, I told the doctor that while eating, my abdomen (the area around belly button) is swollen and hardened, but i feel no pain. After about 2 hours, this swollen is decreased and finished. Again, this problem exists after colonoscopy! Is it dangerous? Is there any treatment for that? I'm worried about that, but the doctor assured me that there is no problem. what should i do?