Lung Conditions

Lung Conditions Guide

ask: I just moved to Denver, CO and every night when I try to sleep I get this hacking dry cough that keeps me up and breaks up my sleep

I have had some past lung issues with Bronchitis ( 3 x as a adult)and Pneumonia (2x as a child under 3 years of age) 3x as a adult .
I have never smoked nor do I think I was exposed to any major toxic pollutes.
I lived in NYC for 10 years by the water so that was fairly good air and in LA I lived in Marina Del Rey also fairly good air given the environment.
I never had this dry hacking cough before and it concerns me
I also have a ongoing Anemia issue.I suffer from a low Hemoglobin production and I am current on iron supplemments 3x a day.
This dry couching depletes me of even more energy.

misvives HERWriter Guide

I also just moved to Denver in March, welcome to the Mile High City. I had the same thing including bloody noses. After a run to the doctors office, she explained to me that the weather and dry air is so different here that it was simply dehydration. I just moved from Cleveland and the same thing goes that the dry air is simply something to get used to here. Your normal water intake, double it. This may be a simple solution as mine was although there are many allergens as Mary Ann mentioned also that could be the culprit. I hope your enjoying Denver as much as I am and good luck.

Missie

Considering your medical history of past respiratory conditions and current issue, it would be wise to consult your physician to schedule a pulmonary function test. The new onset of a dry hacking cough may indicate the development of asthma.

Another possible cause is an allergic reaction to mold spores, dust mites or allergens in your new home, especially your bedroom. Inspect the rooms in your home for any signs of mold or damp spots on the walls or floors. The heating and cooling ducts may need cleaning. Your physician can order a blood test for environmental allergen.

Please keep us updated on your condition.

Have you ever tried an e-cigarette?: