I just started the garcinia cambogia, pro cleanse through Dr. Oz,

By March 21, 2014 - 9:47am

I am not eating only 500 calories a day, more like 1200, but healthy calories, fish, veggies, chicken, whole grains, raw nuts and oats toasted, just balanced meals and no fried foods, will the garcinia cambogia help it along?? and My daughter started taking HD, bought from GNC, says it gives her energy, is it safe and would it benefit my diet, I don't have a lot of energy due to my thyroid disease, and fibromyalgia and arthritis, can't move a lot, but I do move.

Hi Dori

There is no scientific evidence at all that Garcinia helps with weight loss. In fact, studies have shown it has no effect at all. 

It's generally used in cooking and supplements are not considered dangerous (although if you are on other medications you should check with your doctor) but it's the diet you are on that will help you lose the weight, not these pills. 

Your diet at the moment sounds very healthy and nutritious so keep that up and good luck with your weight loss goals! 

Has this helped? 

Diet & Nutrition

Diet & Nutrition Guide