I just started with the sotto pelle treatment - i am now experiencing a full somewhat bloated feeling in my lower abdomen with swelling in the vagina . Has any one on this same therapy noticed any of the same symptons, and will they pass.

I just started the treatment less than 2 weeks ago and I'm having the same very uncomfortable bloating in my stomach. It's not water retention. My hands and feets are fine, and in fact my rings are very loose compared to normal. It's only in my abnormial area. I've just left a message with my doctor.

Dear Anon

Thanks for your question and welcome to Empowher!

When did you start the treatment? There are not usually many side effects to this treatment but everybody is different. One side effect, however, is temporary water retention - this may be what you are experiencing.

Were you warned of any possible side effects? Are you in menopause or post menopause?

Check out our Sottopelle discussion forum here : http://www.empowher.com/community/share/sottopelle

Here you will find tons of varied experiences, some a bit similar to yours. Will you have a read and then let us know what you think?

And ask your doctor about this bloating - it's very possibly water retention but check in with him/her to be sure.

Menopause Guide