i know there is something wrong with my body but no one will take me seriously does any one know why

By October 27, 2011 - 11:20pm

since 2002 after a groin hernia surgery ,fatigue, loss of memory, no concentration and other symptoms of hypothroidism i take synthroid for3 yrs gained30 lbs and still gaining iget winded when iwalk for a short distance and sweat for no reason sometimes it is so bad i cant seem to cool off i have a sinking feeling so bad at times my arms and legs feel so heavy all tests come out alright or slightly low all of this has effected my lifestyle i was always energetic, never over 125 lbs now am 160, and could remember everything help

Hi Sindysue

Thank you for your post and welcome!

I'm sorry you are dealing with so much in the past few years. The more we talk to women on EmpowHER, the more we see how malfunctioning thyroids can really affect a person's life in a negative way.

Your symptoms are all pointing to your thyroid, and you are hypothyroidic, correct? Synthroid works very well for many women but after some years, they find that they need dosage changes many times, before their symptoms can be controlled due to changes in their bodies over the years. I know several women on Synthroid who have needed a couple of modifications of their medication before the fatigue, weight gain and "brain fog" leaves, even if it has worked for them before.

Has Synthroid ever worked for you, or did it work at one time and then you saw changes?

Have you seen your doctor recently about changing your dosage or re-testing your hormone levels? If not ,this is something you really need to look into.

Here is a short video for you to take a look at (if you are unable, the transcript is directly below)

I believe you entirely when you say that you know something is not yet diagnosed. How old are you? Do you think you are entering menopause? If you are between 40-60, this is something that you need to check. I also think you should check with your doctor about possibly having something like fibromyalgia. You can read more of that here: http://www.empowher.com/condition/fibromyalgia/definition

Unfortunately, you may find yourself on a journey now, to find out what's wrong. I hope my suggestions help but please know we're here for support as you work to get better. Please stay in touch with us!

Thyroid Conditions