i lost a pill of tri-cyclen discreat can i be pregnant?

By Anonymous December 15, 2010 - 1:55pm

I lost my pill while popping it out of the pack, I am currently sexually active and not using back up protection, I was sexually active before , during and after the lost pill, I just continued to take my pills but have not had a replacement for the pill lost, I'm on week 2 and pill 3 is what i lost, what are my chances of getting pregnant?

Anytime you miss a pill (and don't make it up as directed) you increase the risk of pregnancy but keep taking your pills as directed (use a condom if this happens again) as you are doing now and just wait and see. We can't give you odds or percentages, I'm afraid, just a warning that your risk has been raised. If I were a betting women, I'd say you are at a pretty low risk but gambling isn't my thing! If you wish to take a pregnancy test to ease your mind, you can do so during your placebo pill time but hopefully you will have escaped an opportunity of ovulation!

I hope things work out for you - let us know!