I missed 2 birth control pills in week 1 then had sex later on that week could i be pregnant?

By September 2, 2009 - 3:03pm

I forgot to take Sundays and Mondays on week 1. I took 2 pills on Tuesday which where Sundays and Mondays. And Two pills on Tuesdaya dn Wednesday on Wednesday then took one pill from there on. Then that Saturday me and my boyfriend had sex and he used a condom. Is there a posiily i could e pregnant??

Most importantly, did you take the missed pills as directed by your prescription?

(Specifically, on Tuesday, you would have taken Sunday's missed pill and Tuesday's. Then, Wednesday, you would have taken Monday's missed pill and Wednesday's).

Anytime you miss 2 or more pills in-a-row, the effectiveness rate of the pill can decrease (it is 99% effective at preventing pregnancy when used consistently and correctly). It is important to follow the directions exactly, and to use back-up method (condom) for the 7 days after your missed pills. Week 1 is also not the best time to miss pills, as you have extended the amount of time that you have been hormone-free (the previous 7 days of pills were "inactive").

Unfortunately, your risk of pregnancy does increase with missed pills, but again, I am not sure if you took the missed pills as directed?