I missed 2 pills in a row in my first week of the pack can I get pregnant?

By September 18, 2009 - 9:26am

I thought I'd come online get some answers rather than see my doctor etc (feel a bit embarrassed)

Basically I am taking Yasmin 21 day combined pill, I missed 2 pills in a row day 6 and 7 of the pack, I stayed at my bf's and completely forgot to take it with me. Basically day 5 was my last pill and we had sex on day 6 but I did not double up for 2 days.
I have been really forgetful lately and stressed at home too which I think this is why as I never forget to take my pills.

Then I missed day 14 of my pills and had sex that day.

I finish my pack on Sat 19th so I should be due on on Tues or weds, what are the chances I could be pregnant?

I have been feeling really tired and feeling sick with constant mild lingering stomach aches :(

I am in the same sort of situation, Just wondering if you found you were pregnant or not?

Hi again-
missing two pills in a row is usually ok, as long as you double up as instructed by the manufacturer. Usually if you miss two pills, you need to take two pills straight away (one missed one and today's one) and two pills the next day. But a back up method is usually advised.

am I at risk even though I have been taking the pill for 10yrs? I don't worry so much missing one here and there as I have done that lots of times and been ok I am more worried the fact I missed 2 days running day 6 and 7 as I forgot to take my pill with me.

Hi bambinosel-

Your question is one that's very common here at EmpowHer. In essence, anytime you miss pills like this, you increase your risk, especially toward the middle of your cycle (day 14 in your case). Even if you leave your pills at home, always take them as soon as you can (following the instructions on your pill packet exactly) and use condoms as a back up. Obviously we can't tell you your exact odds of pregnancy or anything like that but just be aware that the risks are elevated. Carry a pack of condoms in your purse at all times, just in case.

I hope this helps and good luck!

If you want more information on this topic, you can find it here : http://www.empowher.com/community/ask/if-you-miss-2-birth-control-pills-during-week-2-and-have-sex-those-days-can-you-get-pr