Pregnancy Guide

misvives HERWriter Guide

ask: I missed the last two birth control pills of my pack, (Friday & Saturday) and today is now Sunday. I took one pill this morning, should I take the other missed one as well or skip it and start a new pack tonight like normal? What is my pregnancy risk?

I am on TRI-NESSA Tablets 28's

If you missed the last two pills of the pack in your 28-day prescription, these would be the "inactive pills" and you do not need to double-up or take them. You can consider them more "place holders" so that you know when to begin your next pack of pills.

Does that answer your question?

There is no pregnancy risk if you do or do not take your week of "sugar pills" or "inactive pills", as they do not contain any hormones.

Anonymous (reply to Alison Beaver)

I'm sorry, not the placebo pills, the last to 'active' pills are the ones I missed. I looked up TRI-NESSA online and it had said to take one as soon as you remembered, which was around noon this morning and so I did and then to start a new pack on Sunday, which is today. That means I will have taken 2 pills in one day. It said to carry on with the new pack like regular and to throw out the one that I had missed. Am I at high risk of getting pregnant now or since I took one this morning are my odds like they'd be had I just missed one? This is AWFUL timing - my husband, who has been over in Korea (military) is coming home from his year tour this Thusday the 4th !!

Alison Beaver (reply to Anonymous)

If you have not had unprotected sex previously, you would not have a risk of pregnancy. If your "period" begins this week, and you then have sex with your husband on the 4th, your birth control pills would still offer the same protection (you would not become pregnant during the time your uterus is sloughing off the uterine lining...which is your "period"). Your "odds" of pregnancy "start over" with every cycle after your "period" ends (sorry to have everything in quotations...women do not actually have a true period when using the pill...it is actually technically called "withdrawal bleeding", but that is irrelevant to your question).

You can take two pills in one day, and they can be an hour apart from each other (to prevent nausea), or you can take them both with food.

Congratulations on your husband coming home!!!!

Anonymous (reply to Alison Beaver)

Well I started a new pack like Tri-Nessa website said to, last night, Sunday, like I normally would but did bleed some today (monday) but it's not really like a normal period.... So does this still mean I will be well protected by the 4th?

Thanks for all your help - you're really saving my life!!

Do you support the idea of a single woman using In Vitro Fertilization to have a baby?: