I missed my period & it's 38th day. Am I pregnant? I tested a hcg test two times when my period time expired & the result was negative. What can I do?

It's also my 38th day today and I didn't take any tests. Sometimes I experience irregularly with my period and I had unprotected sex recently. I'm also wondering if I could be pregnant.

HERWriter Blogger

Thanks for reaching out to EmpowHER with your question! When a pregnancy tests reads negative, it means you are not pregnant, but I understand why you may be worried about a false negative pregnancy test.

I have a few questions I was wondering if you could answer so I could get a better idea about the situation:

• Are your periods usually regular and right on time or do you sometimes experience irregularity with your period?
  • Do you use any forms of birth control? 
  • Did you recently have unprotected sex or do you use back-up contraception like a condom?

If your test is showing up negative, it should mean that you are not pregnant. However, since your period is late I would recommend visiting the doctor for a more accurate pregnancy test. 

Please let me know about those questions I asked above and I can get a more accurate answer back to you. I hope this has helped a little bit for the time being though!

Anonymous (reply to Erin Kennedy)

Its my 38th day of cycle..I missed my period.. I took a test today in morning n its negative..
My cycle is usually of 30 to 32 days..max 34 only.once..never more than.that..its been 3 years of my marriage..
I took Lezra (letrozole) for the first time this month..so i was expecting for positive result.. is it still early to take pregnancy test?

Letrozole is a medication for breast cancer but is also used to help with fertility. However, it doesn't guarantee you'll get pregnant the month you take it - these things can take time. It may have affected your cycle. Since your test is negative, it's not likely you're pregnant but you can take a blood test at the doctor's office to be sure!