I missed my pill 4 day in a row can I be pregnant

By Anonymous April 29, 2011 - 1:29am

I have been taking levin for about 6years and I have never had reguary bleeding but anyway my question is I missed 4 pills on my 2 week as I have been doing over time work and have been working nights I'm asking can I be pregnant as I had sex with my reguary bf a couple of the night And after those 4day I re took my pill and contionued my pill however 2 day later I had vomiting for no reason in the morning. Could be pregant or should I wait and see if I miss my pill

Thank you for your question and for finding EmpowHER. Anytime you forget to take your pills and have sex without using a backup method such as condoms, abstinence, or withdrawal, you put yourself at increased risk for getting pregnant. Did you make up the pills you missed by taking 2 the first day you remembered, taking 2 the next day, and then starting to take it regularly as you're supposed to? If not, and you had sex without any backup method, you are at risk for getting pregnant. You will need to finish this pack of pills, and if you don't get your period, you can take a pregnancy test. Otherwise, you can call your doctor to ask what they suggest.
For more information, please review these articles: Missing Birth Control Pills and Concerned About Pregnancy: Q&A, and Oops! Missed Birth Control Pill Advocacy Sheet.
Good luck, and let us know how you're doing.