I missed my pill, and had sex that night, Am I pregnant?

By November 12, 2010 - 9:20am

I am on birth control, and I am on Week 3, and I was suppost to start my period on Thursday. And I normally take my pill at 7:30-8am each morning but I'm not good at all about taking it at the same time, I barely ever do. I took it at 12:30pm on Tuesday and on Wednesday I forgot to take my pill at all, an I had sex twice that night. And I didn't take the pill and at all, and on Thursday, I took my sugar pill. But during all of this, for like a week and a half I have been spotting and I still am. Am I pregnant or have a risk of being pregnant?

Well I am bleeding right now and having some sympotms of pregnancy but you never know! Why do you think it is low since I'm on sugar pills now?

HERWriter Guide (reply to Soccergir852)

Hi Soccergir853!

If you are on your sugar pills and bleeding, you have your period!

You can't have a period and be pregnant so try not to worry anymore!

Hi Soccergirl

Obviously I'm sure you know we can't tell you if you are actually carrying a baby, right? We would have no way of knowing this.

However, since you missed your last pill before it was time to start the sugar pills, I think your risks are very low. They are not eliminated, however.

I would think you should be getting your breakthrough bleeding very soon - will you let us know when you do?

Also, if taking the pill everyday is proving to hard to remember, you can always consider other methods. Your doctor will be happy to help you. Additionally, I wrote an article on this subject that might also help you : http://www.empowher.com/reproductive-system/content/birth-control-what-works-what-doesn-t-and-what-s-best-you

Thanks for writing and good luck!