I missed my third period this month after I gave birth last november of 2008. My last period is on May 11 but i had an intercourse last may 17, 28, june 3 and june 11. Do you think I'm pregnant?

By June 26, 2009 - 8:40am

this is what happen after five months of giving birth i had my first period last april 7 and got my first intercourse on the 16th and 27th of april but have my period on the following month which is May 11 so after my period on that month i had an intercourse again on the month of May 17, May 28, June 3 and June 11. I was expecting my period this month but until now i don't have my period. Do you think I'm pregnant? I have a feelings of having my period and before when i'm still single i missed 1 month of my period. is it possible that it happens to me again? please help me to find this answer. I don't wanna pregnant right now because my baby is 7months old.

Hi, It has been almost 7 months since i stopped bf, i weaned my child for 6months now shes 12 months old.. my periods are irregular. I didnt had my period last month and still waiting for this month. I feel tired, naseous, bloated i also feel light cramps on my lower abdomen and lower back.. im also having discharge. Its almost 3 weeks ive been experiencing this feeling.my last period was on the 2nd week of october . i took a hpt last week and its negative.. im really confused.. even before when i was single my periodwas irregular..pls help is it normal for me to have missed period? Can i be pregnant?

Hi, I am new here and I really want to say something about my situation right now. mary jane and i have the same situation before she takes her PT. My situation is like this... I just gave birth last may 2.. got my first mens last june 4, I have several intercoarse with my husband. Im two days delayed now, if I am counting it correctly... I am too scared to be pregnant again because my youngest is just 3 mos old. I take my PT last saturday and it was negaTIVE. I am not sure now if that PT was accurate since technically I still have two days to know if I really missed my period. Did i take PT too early, is that accurate? will I take a PT again? Im scared to do it again, i am scared I might have a different result. please help and give me some advised... thanks and more power to you!!!

Mary Jane

I understand not wanting to take a test because if you don't know you are pregnant, it's easy to stay in denial! I was scared to take a test too.
When I found out I was pregnant with my third child, I had a 1 year old baby and a 6 month old baby so I was in a panic. It didn't last long and everything went very well. All my kids are very happy and healthy!

Breastfeeding is not a good method of birth control, especially when you are giving a substitute milk now. Using the calendar method at this stage is also not a good idea because you have not yet established a regular pattern of having your period since the birth of your baby. Since you have only had one or two periods since giving birth, you can ovulate at any time, without any clear signs or without a pattern. It will take several months for you to know your monthly cycle again and if you continue to breastfeed, your cycle will be generally unreliable. You will really need to use a method of birth control like condoms or the contraceptive pill. Do you have access to these kinds of contraceptives?

Please do take a test so at least you know if you are pregnant or not. What you decide to do if you are pregnant is your choice (I know there are legal issues with this in the Philippines) but we're here to help you think clearly and for you to make the right decision for you and your family.

Take a test before you worry too much. If it is positive then let's talk again about your situation. If it's negative (fingers crossed!) then please make sure you use birth control and do let us know either way, what the result is.

Thanks so much for the update and I look forward to talking to you again. I've been in a situation like yours and I do understand how upsetting it can be. But it's not the end of the world, as I said, and we're here to offer you help and support.

Talk to you soon,

Hi Susanc

I was very happy right now coz my pregnancy test is negative. I used MEDIC pregnancy test and the drugstore told me that it's accurate. The result is negative. I just wanna make sure is stress can cause that too of not having a period coz I've been engaged to a lot of thinking? I forgot to tell you that I had a medical examination last month and I just got a result two weeks ago that I have Urinary tract infection. Every time I get pregnant and after giving birth I always got urinary tract infection is it usual? I already took a medication 3 months ago. My doctor prescribed me an antibiotics (cotrimoxazole) to be taken 3 times a day. I was worried because my infection is recurring. What do I need to do to treat the infection? Thanks again and hope to hear from you again.

Hi Mary Jane

The months after giving birth are very irregular in terms of having a period, for many reasons. Our hormones take time to get back to our pre-pregnancy state, particularly if we are breastfeeding. Are you still breastfeeding?

Are you using protection? What kind? Have you taken a pregnancy test?

Bear in mind that if you are pregnant, it is a bit difficult to be pregnant again so soon but it's usually quite safe and doable and you will be ok! I was pregnant 5 months post-partum and again after that 6 months post-partum and it all went well. (Ok, I had and still do have my crazy days!) but it won't be the end of the world, I promise you. It may not be ideal for some women but it can be done and it's done all the time. I have been through this and I'd love to help you in any way I can.

Upon saying that, if you are using reliable birth control, your cycle may simply not be on track yet.

What you need to do now is take a pregnancy test, before you worry too much. Please let us know the result and also update us on what birth control you are using. I hope to hear from you soon!

Thanks for the comments. I really appreciated what you did to me. Actually I' m not using any contraceptives or birth control I once used a calendar method. I'm still breastfeeding my baby and at the same time introduced a substitute milk for her when she reached 5months old last April of this year, I only give her a substitute milk whenever I went out. I haven't taking a pregnancy test yet but don't worry I will take a test today and let you know what happen. I didn't take a test earlier because I" m scared to know maybe I'm pregnant. I was really worried of getting pregnant again because my third baby is only 7 months old and to think that raising a lot of kids especially here in the Philippines is really hard. My husband is the only one who is supporting us and sometimes it's not enough to support the three kids. Sorry If I say this to you because I'm being honest to you about the situation that we have right now. I'm not suppose to tell you that to you. Hope I can hear a lot from you soon and thanks again. hope this is not the last time that we can exchange thoughts or you share things to me.