I missed two pills, had unprotected sex and am now having slight bleeding, am i pregnant?

By Anonymous November 16, 2009 - 11:21am

I missed my pills on monday and tuesday, then took them on wednesday along with my wednesday pill. I had unprotected sex on wednesday, now I'm having bleeding even though I'm in my third week of birth control. Could I be pregnant?

What does the literature in your birth control packet say? Most Pills say that when two pills in a row are missed, two should be taken on the day you remember, and then two the next day. That way you'll be caught up. However, it depends on which week you miss the pills. If you were in week 2 (I think you were, by what I read but correct me if I'm wrong) then it's usually recommended the way I mentioned above.

Look at the literature of your birth control pill or look it up online and it will tell you. There can be variations by brand.

As to why you are spotting, it may be because you took 3 pills in one day (and this can cause nausea too). Are you bleeding as in spotting, or is it like a regular period?