Facebook Pixel
EmpowHER Guest

I need a good dr and orthothpedic who treats neurofibromatosis in the state og ga

By Anonymous September 3, 2010 - 11:57am
Rate This

Add a Comment2 Comments

HERWriter Guide

Anon - There are several ways to search for an orthopedic specialist in Georgia.

This link goes to the WebMD Physician Directory and enables you to search for an orthopedic surgeon by city, state or zip code: http://doctor.webmd.com/physician_finder/home.aspx?sponsor=core

The Georgia Orthopedic Society provides a physician locater service here: http://www.georgiaorthosociety.com/

It's not clear to me, however, why you are seeking an orthopedic physician for this condition. The nonprofit support organization Neurofibromatosis, Inc. has a listing of medical facilities with an interest in neurofibromatosis. Some facilities have established NF Clinics; others see NF patients in the context of a more general clinic, such as one specializing in genetics, neurology or neurocutaneous disorders.They do not show any physicians listed in Georgia on their website but you can contact them directly for more information.

Neurofibromatosis, Inc.

Post Office Box 66884
Chicago, Illinois 60666
Phone: 1 800 942 6825

September 3, 2010 - 4:36pm
HERWriter Guide

Hi Anon

Thanks for your question! There maybe readers in GA who can give you some tips on this but we cannot recommend actual names to you.

However, there are ways to go about your search:

Are you asking for you or a child?

For a child - here are some helpful links:

For overall support (children and adults), lists and contacts for specialists as well as support groups for sufferers and caregivers, your best bet is to contact the The Acoustic Neuroma Association, that is fortunately headquartered in Cumming, GA.

Here is their contact information:

600 Peachtree Parkway
Suite 108
Cumming, GA 30041
Phone: 770-205-8211
FAX: 770-205-0239


As far as orthodontic care, you can get a referral from your dentist in GA or if you are moving to GA, then check out the Georgia Association of Orthodontics. You can locate them here: /www.gaortho.org and click on the "patient info" button. Or - you can head straight to it at www.braces.org

Best of luck in your search and remember to ensure all doctors or dentists you come into contact with are board certified or otherwise fully qualified.

Take care,

September 3, 2010 - 1:39pm
Enter the characters shown in the image.
By submitting this form, you agree to EmpowHER's terms of service and privacy policy
Add a Comment

All user-generated information on this site is the opinion of its author only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for any medical conditions. Members and guests are responsible for their own posts and the potential consequences of those posts detailed in our Terms of Service.


Get Email Updates

Related Topics

Neurofibromatosis Guide

Have a question? We're here to help. Ask the Community.


Health Newsletter

Receive the latest and greatest in women's health and wellness from EmpowHER - for free!