I need help flipping that switch from caregiver to sex kitten. My inability to do so is adding more stress to our relationship. My husband has done so much for me...I feel this shouldn be as big of a deal as I have made it.'t

By May 23, 2013 - 10:58am

Hi Nadine

Can you explain what you mean by turning from caregiver to sex kitten?

Who are you caring for? Is someone ill? Your husband? Or do you mean caring for kids by being "mom" and then turning into a more sexual being for your husband?

Please let us know more so we can fully understand your situation and we are happy to help you more!

Sorry for not being more explanatory with my first post.
I care for my husband... he is a cancer survivor, but with a very sensitive immune system. He has had a stroke in the last year and suffers from seizures; there are times he also talks like a child and will wonder off muttering things that make no sense, wanting to go outside to work (these episodes he does not remember). I know all in all this is miner compared to what others are facing.
My dilemma is that when my husband has one of these episodes, it totally kills any mood I may have been in. This I know bothers him... and after I mentioned my struggles with this he became upset. I think he now feels incompetent as a man. When all I wanted was some understanding from him as to why it may not happen as often as he would like... not meaning to make him feel bad or mean in any way that I'm not attracted to him. When he has good days it's like the first day we met. Maybe I just need to hear this is a normal problem and I'm not being a terrible partner... I’m not really sure. I do know I needed to talk to someone... I feel horrible for hurting his feelings; stress is not good for him either.

Looking forward to your reply,