I need tips for dealing with my Major Depressive Disorder and Severe Anxiety Disorder; I attend therapy and see a psaychiatrist.

My psychiatrist is adjusting medications: Prozac, Abilify and Clonazepan. I was originally diagnosed 14 years ago. Recent tragic losses of some of the most important people in my life have hit me hard; I have a little dog, and 2 cats. Is that all there is?

Thank you for your post and I am sorry you're going through such a difficult time. 

You're doing the right thing by seeking therapy and using medications that can help balance your brain chemistry. 

Please take comfort with your dog and two cats. They can be of enormous help to humans. 

Have you considered going to a therapy group for grief and loss? This could help you. Talking with others who are going through similar things with you can make you realize you are not alone. A problem shared can be a problem halved. 

Physical exercise is also a great way to deal with depression. Walk, swim, play tennis - do as much as you can to get physical exercise and do it outdoors if you can, so you can get a little sun. 

Eat healthy foods - this also helps with mental health as well as physical health. 

We have a great section here on EmpowHER about coping with depression? You can check that here:

Anon, do you have other family or a good friend you can talk with?

We hope to hear back from you soon-

I was reunited with a very dear friend (We were all newlyweds living in a small apartmentbuilding). We would grow apart, and then re-connect. However, 20 years ago her son hung himself.He was my Godson. My grief was such that I was not able to be the strength that my friend needed.
I have looked for her online, Facebook and even attempted to find her family. I wanted to apologize for not being there when she needed me.
On Saturday I found her name on Facebook. I posted a message, and we have been talking non stop about the similarpaths our lifes' have taken.
I will have a positive update for my therapist this week. Also, my health insurance coordinator suggested I might be interested in joining a Weight Watcher group since I would benefit from a weight loss. My insurace pays for all weekly visits and registration. I am now able to think in terms of " killing two birds with one stone." Participate in the program for weight loss benefits and also socialize with people with a similar problem.
Today was a better day, I am hoping tomorrw will be a little better again.
Thank you so much for your interest,

Depression Guide