I put on alot of weight.....

By November 9, 2011 - 7:48am

I was doing the wrong things in life to help my mental problems but it seems sometimes the pills the doctor gives me don't help. Things seem worse sometimes. plus I used to be really skinny and pretty and within the last year and half have put on 125 pounds how do I loose the weight?? I wanna loose it.

Hi andreasurrell,

Welcome to EmpowHER and thanks for your question. Weight loss comes down to burning more calories that you take in. You can do that by reducing extra calories from food and beverages and increasing calories burned through physical activity.  Exercise can help prevent excess weight gain or help maintain weight loss. Before starting any diet or exercise program, it's important to talk to your doctor and get a physical check. Your doctor needs to know if you have heart trouble, high blood pressure, arthritis or any other conditions.

Here's a link that can help.

Weight Loss