I recently noticed pain in my left nipple and took a closer look and it looks like a chunk is missing. A few days later, I noticed an itch on my right nipple and looked closer and there are small bumps that look like pimples. What is this?

By Anonymous April 11, 2010 - 2:33pm

To be honest, my boyfriend is often kind of rough with my breasts, so with the right nipple I figured he was just too rough and took out a small piece. This is extremely painful. I have been applying neosporin and putting a bandaid on. What I am worried about is that he is sick right now, with sores (canker sores I suppose) in his mouth and on his tongue, and now these sores (pimple-like) have appeared on my right nipple (areola and around). There was only one but now there are more on my areola. There are a small bump, and somewhat painful. Looks like a tiny scab on the tip rather than whitehead or something. Please help. I am very nervous about this.

Note-I am 19 years old, not pregnant and not breastfeeding.

Dear Anon

Thanks for your question and welcome! I'm sorry that you are in pain like this, it sounds really uncomfortable.

You may have a yeast infection in your nipples and rough play by your boyfriend could certainly contribute to this. If he is biting enough to break skin, he needs to stop as this can cause all kinds of bacteria to fester, as well as additional infections.

Also, if he is causing pain and you don't like what he is doing - you need to tell him to stop. Breast play is only fun if both are enjoying it.

I think it's a good idea to get your nipples checked out. You may need medication and definitely don't allow your boyfriend near your nipples if he still has open sores around his mouth. He should think about getting these seen to as well.

If you get a diagnosis, will you let us know what it is - we like to get updates from our readers and you may also help other members! I hope this clears up for you soon but I think a checkup is needed.

Breast Conditions

Breast Conditions Guide