I skipped my period using Vestura last month, but had my period this month. Now after the last day of the period I have light brown discharge. Is that normal?

I used to have breakthrough bleeding a lot once I started, but that quit. I don't skip periods often but last month I did and I have the light brown discharge. Is this just a hormonal thing? I'm not worried about it, but I didn't know if it was something to worry about.

Hi cew017

Thanks for reaching out to EmpowHER with your question!

Women on the Pill don't get regular menstrual periods - more like breakthrough bleeding because they stop using the Pill for 7 days. When you skip the placebos, you won't get your period.

This blood is generally a lot lighter than a regular period and can also be brown which is normal. Brown blood at the end of your bleeding period is normal - it's signifies old blood and the end of that month's bleeding.

As long as you take your Pill every day at around the same time, pregnancy is rare - 1% or less.