I started my new bc pack a day late

By August 11, 2016 - 5:07am

I took the first pill of a new pack 36 hours later than I should have as I ran out. Took another the same day as scheduled. I had just come off from my period and made up the missed pill as instructed, so I thought it would give me coverage for unprotected sex. My partner did not pull out when we had intercourse the third day of my pack. Honestly didn't know missing the first pill was the worst, and the Internet has been giving me pretty mixed up reactions. Am I at a high risk for pregnancy?

Hi worrier00

Your risk is very low but in future, use a condom as a backup.

Thank you for your reply! As you can imagine, I am driving myself mad from worrying I might have ovulated in that time frame. I think most of my anxiety is from reading everywhere that missing the first pill is what leads to most unplanned pregnancies.

I am really, really hoping this is not true in my case.