I started my period two weeks early. I am 30 years old and it's the first time it happened

Welcome to the EmpowHER community and thank you for reaching out to us with your concern.

Because the menstrual cycle is regulated by a precise balance of hormones, any factor that upsets the balance and changes hormone levels can cause menstruation to start early. High levels of exercise, large changes in weight, any major medical illness, and even mental stress may cause an early period.

You may find this article, Reasons for a Two-Week-Early Period, of interest.

Any further concerns should be discussed with your gynecologist.