I stop smoking the day of mu surgerey Nov 18 until Dec 5 2015

By February 5, 2015 - 10:54pm

I put the patch on and off to smoke, I went to a light cig. I had 3 aneurysms of the Brain with the coiling being successful to this date. On tomorrow I take a CT Scan of the head and neck, I was told I have 60percent blockage of my coratid artyries. Have I put myself of having more Aneurysm and the coiling coming undone. Please help me quit smoking, I want to live!!!!!!!

Hi patricia

Thanks for your post and I'm sorry to hear about your health problems - they sound very serious. 

Your addiction to nicotine also sounds very serious. You need immediate help with this. 

Please talk to your doctor about ways to quit and you need to work even harder on your commitment to quit - if you want to live you're going to have to put the work in - nobody else can make you.

I think hypnotism is also something you can try. Please look into it - many have had success.  Try to find a support group around you. 

Go back on the patches or the gum but know how dangerous it is to improperly use them.  Smoking also makes recovery much slower after surgery.  I don't know if you could get another aneurysm now but smoking may increase your chances.  

Please let us know how you get on.  Smoking is such a deep addiction - more than many kinds of street drugs.  Quitting is extremely hard but I know you can do it, your life really does depend on it. Stay in touch with us, ok?

Addictions Guide