I stopped breastfeeding my child more than 4 months now, and had to take a medication to stop the milk as i am trying to get pregnant...Drops of milk is coming out of my nipple is it normal?

I have been trying to get pregnant for nearly 4 months now but it doesn't seem to work. Yesterday i found out that some drops of milk is coming out of my nipple (one breast only), white color no odor is it normal and why? My period is regular and my ovulation is always on day 13th?
I have been having headache for the last couple of days but i cannot judge because i am really stressed out at work ... Can u help me and tell me why?

What you are describing is quite normal for some women. After breastfeeding, they will randomly lactate for no reason at all; in fact, it can go on for years with some! Sometimes hearing a baby cry can trigger it, or having sex with women who have weaned.

For discharge that has nothing to do with nursing, it's known as Galactorrhea.

However, occasionally it can mean there is an underlying problem in the breast - the hormone prolactin may be out of sorts or another hormone altogether. If you feel nervous about it, by all means talk to your doctor. There's a good chance your discharge is simply "leftovers" from nursing your baby. And here is a little more information about Galactorrhea: http://www.empowher.com/media/reference/galactorrhea

Let me know what you think!

Dear Susan,
Thank you very mcuh for your reply. I read the ariticle and it is a bit relieving ... I took your advise and made an appointment with my doctor for tomorrow. Wish me luck, I will keep you posted.
Thank you very much

(reply to Anonymous)

Can you update us regarding your doctor's appointment yesterday?

Anonymous (reply to Alison Beaver)

Dear Alison,
I want yesterday to my doctor and after a full check up her response was exactly as susan's: No need to worry, it is normal for some to lactate before their period and it is the hormone prolactin may be out of sorts. To my surprise she asked me to do a pregnency test and it came out positive. Thank you for your concern.

Wow, Anon!

I'm glad all is normal with the discharge and many congratulations!!

Breast Conditions

Breast Conditions Guide