Night Sweats

Night Sweats Guide

ask: I sweat profusely and it smells like vinegar at night

I sweat a lot during the day, my palms are always wet and I can't wear a lot of my clothes because I will get pit stains (gross). The worst, however, is at night. I wake up soaking wet, all over, and it smells like vinegar. What's wrong with me???

You may have a condition called Hyperhidrosis - which is uncontrolled excessive sweating.

You can read all about it on our Hyperhidrosis page here, including causes and treatment options: http://www.empowher.com/condition/hyperhidrosis/definition

and here is a more indepth article on treatment here: http://www.empowher.com/hyperhidrosis/content/excessive-sweating-hyperhi...

It's also possible that you may be experiencing a rather severe side effect of menopause. How old are you - do you think this may be the case?

Please take a look at both links and let me know if you think this information pertains to you. If not, we can look at other possibilities.

I look forward to hearing from you again,
~Susan