I think I am pregnant just 4months after sacrohysteropexy surgery and 1cm amputation of cervix what should I do?

By June 15, 2011 - 7:08am

I did not plan on getting pregnant until next year and suspect the contraception my husband and I used did not work, I already have 2 children a daughter who is 14 and a son who is 12, I am only 33yrs old and still want more children but am worried that I am not fit enough to be pregnant at present.

Hi noya7

Thanks for your post and I understand your worries.

The first thing you need to do is take a pregnancy test. That will let you know whether you have anything to worry about or not. Until then, use protection every time you have sex.

If you are pregnant, call your doctor straight away to discuss everything. People have had very healthy babies under very extreme circumstances so don't worry quite yet. Additionally, one of the reasons a sacrohysteropexy is done is in order to allow for a healthy pregnancy. It has been several months so hopefully your uterus is strong and full capable of carrying a child to term.

So please take that test asap and you'll know where you stand. Please keep us updated!