I think I have bladder incontinence;(

By January 28, 2011 - 7:12am

Ever since I was about six years old,I have had this strange thing happen to me.I would go urinate and always feel like I had more but I really didnt and I always sorta leaked in my panties.To this day, I always wear a liner to keep me dry and stuff and Im really tired of doing this.As a child,I was really chubby and I love soda.I would drink soda after soda after soda, and I think this is the cause of my problem.I really hope there is a cure for this.I was interested in something like Vesicare or something,Im only 18 and im wayyyy to young to be experiencing this:(PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi R Monea

Thanks for your post and welcome!

Firstly, this brings out the mother in me! Who was letting you drink all that soda as a young child?!! You may have loved it but it causes rotted teeth, weak bones, weight gain and all that drinking can cause bed-wetting! I hope you're off it all now, a soda now and again is ok (maybe one a week, max) but no more!

It sounds like you're on the right track now for health which is great!

It also sounds like you need to visit to the doctor who may refer you to a urologist. Wetting as a small child can mean getting wrapped up in activities and forgetting to go to the bathroom, muscles not strengthening yet (it takes time) and drinking too many liquids and not getting to the bathroom on time.

But at 18, it does sound like incontinence may be an issue for you. You and your doctor may try medication (like Vesicare) or exercises like Kegels can also help to strengthen your pelvic floor. You can read more about that here: http://www.empowher.com/sexual-well-being/content/kegels-little-exercise-big-benefits

Read more about urinary incontinence here: http://www.empowher.com/condition/urinary-incontinence

But first you will need to see a doctor to get a proper diagnosis. I don't blame you for wanting to get this fixed! Please put in a call and let us know how it goes.

Urinary Incontinence