Facebook Pixel
EmpowHER Guest

I think I have genital warts on my vagina,which medication can I take?

By Anonymous May 27, 2014 - 7:27am
Rate This

Add a Comment1 Comments

HERWriter Guide

Hi Anon

Thanks for your question! 

You need to see a doctor to first make sure you actually do have genital warts, before treatment. Your doctor can freeze them off or give you a prescription treatment for them. Currently there are no reliable over-the-counter treatments or herbal remedies. 

But another important reason to see a doctor is that if these are genital warts, you have been infected with the HPV virus (people can have multiple strains of this virus) and this is the virus that causes most cervical cancers. You will need to be tested for this virus.

Has this helped you?



May 27, 2014 - 9:51am
Enter the characters shown in the image.
By submitting this form, you agree to EmpowHER's terms of service and privacy policy
Add a Comment

All user-generated information on this site is the opinion of its author only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for any medical conditions. Members and guests are responsible for their own posts and the potential consequences of those posts detailed in our Terms of Service.

Genital Warts

Get Email Updates

Genital Warts Guide

Have a question? We're here to help. Ask the Community.


Health Newsletter

Receive the latest and greatest in women's health and wellness from EmpowHER - for free!