I took the morning pill once,,but 3 months after an emergency occured and i had to take one now...

By Anonymous December 13, 2015 - 8:50pm

Now..i know im supposed to use the pill 6 months later..but i am recently 18 years old...i had no other choice..but my queston is...would there be a posibility that i could have a baby? I am so scared...i cant go to the doctor since my mom checks where i go all the time and she would be shocked..thank you

I don't know what you mean by you are supposed to use the pill 6 months later.

Emergency contraception is up to 95% effective when taken within 24 hours. If you did this then pregnancy is very unlikely. If you can get emergency contraception, you can get condoms, this is a much better method of ensuring you don't get pregnant.

Hello Susan ! Well its the morning after pill! The one you can only take every six months .But i took another one after three months..And I have half of the people i know telling me it wont cause any problems when u want to be a mother,,but the other half says it wont be possible.. i apreciate your response really!Thank you very much.

HERWriter Guide (reply to luciiiiii)

Hello again

There is no rule about only taking it every 6 months although it's a pretty good guideline. Essentially it's for real emergencies only, in the case of unwanted sex or a condom break etc. It's not meant for "don't want to use a condom so she has to take emergency pills after" kind of sex, which we see all too often. Or plain old laziness.

Emergency contraceptives do not affect a woman's chance of getting pregnant when she is ready. Don't believe half the things you hear.